London’s Leading Home Extension Specialist


How long does it take for a set of plans to be approved for my extension?

You might be surprised to know that not all extensions require planning permission – see our question and answers section on permitted development, but for those that do, it can often take 8 weeks for plans to be approved through planning permission. In the meantime, you can check out our previous builds for interior inspiration for your own London extension.  From rear kitchen extensions to bathroom refurbishments and everything in between, by taking a look at the Simply Extend gallery,…

Read More

What is permitted development and can I build my extension under this process?

If your property is not in a conservation area you may have permitted development rights (PD). This means you can build your extension without having to go through the planning permission process. For more details on the requirements and criteria for this, please visit the UK planning portal by clicking here. If you are still not sure, just give Simply Extend a call and they will be happy to look into the issue for you. It is important to be sure…

Read More

What is the difference between permitted development rights and planning permission for extensions?

With planning permission, you are asking the council if your proposed extension is acceptable. It is open to rejection by them and/or your neighbours and will have to follow the local development plan. With permitted development you are asking the council to simply confirm that your plan fits within the permitted development criteria. The council will issue you a Lawful Development Letter if they agree. Technically you are not required to have the Lawful Development letter in place before the…

Read More

What is a party wall agreement and do I need one for my extension?

A party wall agreement is required if your home has a wall that is connected to another property on either side. Each neighbour will have to be informed of the proposed works using a party wall notice form at least two calendar months before the intended start of the build. The party wall agreement is there to protect you and your neighbour from issues that might arise due to work done on the party wall. It draws up an agreement…

Read More
Simply Construction Group
Why you can trust us

House & Garden The List, EBC, Velux
Follow Us

Give us a call on 0800 917 7571 (we are open until 8pm weekdays)

Or fill out an online enquiry form. Our friendly and helpful advisors will arrange a free, no obligation site survey of your home and get the ball rolling.